> From: Brian Braun [mailto:brianbr...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Best way to log requests from a servlet and to a database?

> However, if I get significantly more requests, this may not be enough
> because MySQL will get slower and the queue will get full. I think I could
> start using this queue, and if it gets full I could failover to Amazons
> Queue service. What do you think?

I think it would be cheaper for you to just spool the excess logging objects to
your own local disk if the in-memory queue reaches some predetermined limit.
However, if your DB server really can't keep up, you'll need some strategy to
just discard log entries or reject requests until it can, even if you overflow
to local disk.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.