As usual, I am always working with Tomcat to tweak every ounce of "oomph"
out of it and I ran across this scenario in my configuration trials.

At present, I have a small 3 server tomcat cluster running 7.0.30 64-bit on
CentOS, and jdk6.  I want to move the project from having to use kill -9
(for session persistence) during an update and manual intervention, to
automated parallel deployment's and war farming.

>From the testing I have done, if I use the manager to undeploy and then
redeploy the context, it seems to call destroySession on all the sessions
across the cluster, not just the node that is being "worked on".  Is this
correct or am I missing something?

Is there presently a way to undeploy a context WITHOUT tomcat destroying
the sessions and not use kill -9?  IMO, using kill -9 seems a bit hacky.

- Josh