On 2/4/2013 9:32 AM, Williams, Nick wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jess Holle [mailto:je...@ptc.com]

It's that you can't make Java source code which /implements /JDBC interfaces
and make it compilable with both Java 6 and Java 7. The JDBC interfaces have
new methods in Java 7 *and* some of these new methods use classes new to Java 7.
Just a quick correction. You CAN implement the JDBC interfaces so that they
compile under both Java 7 and Java 6, as long as you don't use the @Override
annotation on the methods you implement that were added in JDBC 4.1 (Java 7).
I stand corrected. Perhaps it was with 1.5 and 1.6 where I tried and failed to do this.

At any rate, I no bother trying such things. I have a version of such code to be compiled and used with 1.5, another for 1.6 and another for 1.7.

--
Jess Holle