On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 18:51 +0800, vicky wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> My application need a "resource/properties" file to exist in the
> CLASSPATH, for this i placed my resource file in <CATALINA_BASE>/bin
> folder & it was working fine.
>
> But since yesterday my application reporting the error that properties
> file doesnt exist in classpath/path
>
> In order to fix then i created the lib folder in my <CATALINA_BASE> &
> placed my "properties/resourc"e file over there, which eventually
> fixed my application CLASSPATH issue.
>
> But the thing which makes me wonder that how my application was able
> to access the properties file earlier when i placed it
> <CATALINA_BASE>/bin  location
> & what makes it to stop now.
>
> Kindly suggest what all can be the scenarios/prossible use case for
> this,
>
> TOmcat version - 6.0.35
>
> Thanks

The only reasonable explanation is that you angered the Supreme Tomcat
God by putting your resource in {CATALINA_BASE}/bin.  Being indisposed
to suffer fools for long, she removed it and made you do penance by
putting it in a Sanctioned location such as {CATALINA_BASE}/lib.  Be
Glad O Sister!  The Tomcat God is Merciful and Smiles down upon you!