Mark Eggers:

>1. Make sure your Servers project is open (so you can control Tomcat)
I don't know what you mean. I have expanded the server name in the
project pane (to expose server.xml and other files) as well as the
server name in project pane (to expose the war/projects with the jar
icon where I can stop and start the server).
>2. Look in the logs subdirectory of tmp[n] for logs
This directory is empty. How do I turn on logging?
>3. If you're using Maven (original poster is I think), get the plugin
I'm using the plugin for eclipse that allows me to control maven and
maven goals from the eclipse gui.