Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
if you are running the Sun VM, why is this in your stack trace?

at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
The stack is the one that Tomcat has print before the "remove" of gcj.

But the error is still here also after the "remove".

my guess is that you forgot to do this

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
in catalina.sh
yes, i forgot this.
But, sorry for the question, is it possible that this error causes my problems?

thank you
Edoardo

Filip

Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
try running a different VM, like the Sun VM, this could be a bug in the VM you are running.

I am runnig Sun JVM 1.5.0_06

I have removed libcgj at 16:18
I did a complere reboot at 16:20

at 16:48 I have a log of this error in localhost.2006-05-02.log

Edoardo

Filip

Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Edoardo Panfili wrote:
Marc Farrow wrote:
there is somethings wrog in my develope/deploy/me system.
I'll begin from scratch.
After a fresh installation the problem is still here (but not after all restarts).

sometimes Tocat throws this exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
atjava.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

but this not happens all the times, after a restart Tomcat now works correctly. I can't figure why.

In the original situation I have also another VM installed (I didn't know) but I have removed libgcj6 and all the dipendencies.

In catalina.log I can find:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap at java.lang.VMClassLoader.transformException(java.lang.Class, java.lang.Throwable) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0) at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.ObjectName not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./,file:/opt/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar,file:/ opt/tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}} at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   ...4 more
but now libgcj.so is no longer in my system

The first line of catalina.sh is
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk

Tomcats starts up with no problems.
my libc version is 2.3.6
kernel version is 2.6.15
and the Sun JVM is 1.5.0_06

Now the system works but I don't know why.

thanks
Edoardo Panfili

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: edoardopn