On 25/02/2013 10:48, André Warnier wrote:
Denis wrote:
Hello,

    I want to use Tomcat's Windows Authentication
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Third_party_libraries>
feature to have a reliable domain user name via
HTTPServletRequest.getRemoteUser() within my servlet.

    Questions:

    1) Is Tomcat's Windows authentication supposed to work in my env?

 * Application Server: apache-tomcat-7.0.21
 * JDK version: 1.6.0_26
 * OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)

    2) Any additional setup required to be able to access domain
username via HTTPServletRequest.getRemoteUser() within my servlet?

Hi.
I do not know either if the above is supposed to work also under Linux
as a platform.
It is not very clear in the Tomcat docs, and I have asked a couple of
times on the list without getting much of an answer.  (Probably because
few people know).

It should work but I haven't tested it.

I suggest opening an enhancement request for the docs to be updated to include a known working Linux config. I should be able to take a look at doing that once I get back from ApacheCon next week.

Mark