I ran into this same issue; make sure you have 'secure="true"' in the connector:

<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" port="7443"
SSLEnabled="true"
keystorePass="mypassword"
               clientAuth="want" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile=".\conf\myks.jks"
               truststoreFile=".\conf\myts.jks" />

Jeffrey Harris

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.