Harris Mark R wrote:
Environment:
IIS 7.5
Tomcat 7.037
AJP/1.3 connector (redirector.dll) v 1.2
Java 7

We have a requirement for a new intranet application that it use Windows
authentication.  We have this working in our new application.  We do have IIS,
the connector and Tomcat serving up the application with no problems.

What did happen is that we discovered that the manager application that comes
with Tomcat no longer is accessible.  We have some staff that use the manager
app routinely.
We did try to set up two AJP connectors, one defined in the server.xml with
tomcatAuthentication="true" and another set to false.   In the AJP property
files we set the second one to only be mapped to the manager URL.  This did not work as
we expected.

Setting tomcatAuthentication="false" in this case means that Tomcat is going to rely on the authenticated user-id sent to it by the front-end, through AJP.
So you should authenticate the user at the Apache httpd front-end level.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the manager application working?

How would you like the users of the manager application to be authenticated ? also via Windows Integrated Authentication, or at the Apache httpd level, via some other mechanism ?

For a simple case, you could for example do this at the Apache httpd level :

<Location /manager>
  setHandler jakarta-servlet
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName tomcat-manager
  require user x y z ...
</Location>

(and set tomcatAuthentication="false")

("setHandler jakarta-servlet" in that <Location> section is roughly equivalent to "JkMount /manager" worker1)

This syntax is explained in one of the on-line AJP connector's info pages on the tomcat website, at the very end of the page.