I like to define a HOST which is bound to one of my webapplications.

I have the following directory structure:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app1
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app2
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app3

server.xml:

  <Engine
       defaultHost="localhost"
       name="Catalina">
     <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
     <Host
         appBase="webapps"
         name="localhost">
     </Host>
     <Host
         appBase="webapps"
         name="my.mycompany.com">
     </Host>

Now I like that users can type: http://my.mycompany.com and get directly to app2

With my current configuation the tomcat startup page appears. If I look in the manager application, I see the two hosts 'localhost' and 'my.mycompany.com'. Under both hosts I see the SAME list of webapplications.

Could anybody explain what additional configuration is required on Tomcat 5.5.

Many thanks in advance

Tom