Am 2013-04-01 14:28, schrieb N.s.Karthik:
Hi

Thx for the reply

I know that Valves are invisible to the app......

Reason :
I have created a Customized valve as a separate jar  used for AAA
interception of my APPS ,
Since I cannot configure each and every application hosted on the Tomcat
with filters  and hence created a Valve to apply this at Tomcat level

I use the IWA (Integrated Window Authentication)  of IE / FFOx for Active
directory AAA Authentication.

On-sucessfull  AAA, in the valve  I need the variables such as
username/domain name .... to be further  used with in each application

Hence I need to know if any possibilities to fetch the variables  into each
of the applications from the valves ...???

I hope that you have implemented AuthenticatorBase in Tomcat with your custom Authenticator. With that you can register a Principal object.

I have written a fully-featured SPNEGO/AD Realm package which uses a custom ActiveDirectoryPrincipal extends Principal. In that I have stored distinguished name, objectSid, etc (source code available).

First, make the Principal#getName return either the Kerberos UPN, or if you use NTLM (yuck) return the legacy login name.

If your need access to further attributes do in your app:

MyCustomPrincipal principal = (MyCustomPrincipal) request.getPrincipal();

...access attributes.

That is the way to go.

Michael