Thanks so much Chris this has been very very helpful ... appreciate you taking
time out. Would stopping Tomcat6 service in Windows 2008 R2 take care of this
"orphan threads" if you will  ? Also, does force kill taskkill tomcat6 help
either ?
I understand its not a premanent solution but as a stopgap for now ? If so , we
can put it as part of daily cycle to bounce tomcat6.
Many thanks.