http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html#Installing_services

> the letter. This does not specify a classpath unless you look under the
> section "Updating services". The other matters are also not mentioned.
>
> Where might I find the defaults I need?

1. The first sentence in that section:
"The safest way to manually install the service is to use the provided
service.bat script."

That is the recommended way if you are installing the service manually.

2. If you run "exe" installer for Tomcat 7, it will log the commands
that it used to install the service to a file in CATALINA_HOME/logs.

BTW, official docs for the service wrapper itself are here:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

>> Is path to Jvm a correct one? I think that is OK, but it could be
>> simplified a bit.
>>

> The path is dynamic and supplied by the installer. I merely climb up one
> level to locate our dedicated copy of the JRE.
>

> If I subsequently run tomcat7w.exe, the JVM home is not set, nor are lots
> of other matters.

Just quick thoughts.

1. Are you running tomcat7w.exe as administrator?

2. Check list of services in Windows control panel. Is the service
listed there? Check its properties and its command line there.

3. Check settings in the registry (see Commons Daemon procrun docs).

4. If you run tomcat7w.exe (prunmgr) without arguments then the file
name is used as the service name.

You used "Tomcat7" in IS command and the file is tomcat7w.exe.
I think that is OK and that case sensivity does not matter here, as
service.bat uses the same naming.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko