Leon Rosenberg schrieb:
I think the easiest way is to throw away the packages and download and
install a CLEAN jdk from sun and a tar.gz-iped tomcat version from
tomcat.apache.org.

I also use debian (etch) and everything java-related in debian
packages is simply sick.... :-)

regards
Leon

P.S. Of course you could try to fix the packages, but is it worth
trying? You don't want your tomcat to be updated by apt-get upgrade do
you?
Hi Leon,

thanks for you tip. I installed all packages by apt-get renamed the directories and put there the new libraries from Sun and Apache. Now tomcat works.
The last thing I need now is a working server.xml for OpenNMS.

Thanks a lot. (an the java packages are sich.)

grtx
Dieter