On 02/05/13 09:32, André Warnier wrote:
M Eashwar wrote:
Hi,

   Anyone attacked with reference to below URL?

http://efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=105167&ntype=mor&edate=4/29/2013

Never heard of "EFYtimes" before, but considering what I have been
reading lately about bots, I would advise a modicum of caution before
following this link.
(And also maybe a modicum of healthy scepticism about that news article
itself).

This vulnerability applies only to apache httpd and is not relevant to tomcat.

ALSO, it only applies to apache httpd when installed via a third-party automated management system that is reported to not verify the digital signature of the binary... which would be very negligent.

You should always verify apache packages against the published signatures. Although linux distribution rpm and deb packages are automatically verified during installation, we strongly recommend installing packages directly from the official apache distribution servers and then verifying the signature yourself - prior to installation!

Regards,

Brian