Sorry, this would have been a better reply to the OP, but here goes.
Have you thought about adding the webapps directory to the anti-virus' list of
ignored directories?
I assume that the system(s) these WAR files are coming from also have
anti-virus problems, but if they don't or are otherwise untrustworthy, modify
your deployment procedure to first move the WAR file to a system/directory
where it would be scanned, then move it from there to the production webapps
directory.
Jeff