Thanks for your replies, I  use spring , hibernate , wicket.
For some of my objects I create proxy   using spring, hibernate creates
proxies  and injection into wicket objects uses spring proxy.
I also  use groovy   with spring  and most of my groovy beans are of scope
prototype.

<lang:groovy  id="someId"
script-source="classpath:com/../..LeadAnlystReturnedAssignmentEmail.groovy"
scope="prototype" />

Whats the best way I can force tomcat to garbage collect  my permgen, I am
running tomcat with
-Xmx1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m