Mark,

On 5/29/13 2:00 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
On 5/29/2013 10:48 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
I am looking for a general advice on uploading large files. I am
currently thinking that we do it on our API and have clients
chunk it in multiple pieces and send it to the server.

I could try http chunk based transfer but only think I am unsure
of is if on the server the entire content is going to be
bufferred in memory.

Let me google that for you:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/using.html

Read the above. It looks like this answers all of your questions
and gives lots of flexibility.

If you are using servlet 3.0 file upload, there are configuration
parameters that let you specify how much file data will be uploaded
before the data gets buffered on disk, etc. (Google for "servlet 3.0
multipart-config").

- -chris

Nice.

The annotation is especially nice (for those that are wired that way).

A (more) complete answer would have included both answers, and left the choice as an exercise for the reader.

Thanks - /mde/

. . . . just my two cents.