> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: WebappClassLoaders pinned in memory by
> java.security.ProtectionDomain objects

> Using MySQL Connector/J 5.1.24 (important later)

Where is the JDBC jar located?  Is the observed behavior different if it's in
tomcat/lib versus the webapp's WEB-INF/lib?

> I'm not sure what that Thread's current context class loader is (any
> idea how to find out? Browsing the object's members isn't leading me
> anywhere)

Thread.getContextClassLoader() will tell you, if you can get into a debugger
that will evaluate it for you.  Can't seem to find an MBean attribute for it,
unfortunately.

> still others have the JVM's application ClassLoader (the one once-removed
> from boot, Chuck ;).

That would more properly be termed the system class loader.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.