All,

For lack of funds initially and now for a stalemate in the project, we do
not have a JVM monitoring tool yet.  JavaMelody was recently discussed.   I
like the fact that there is a dashboard and history of metrics.  In looking
at it, I find JavaMelody lacking in in-depth diagnostics of the JVM.  Top-N
SQL statements, Transaction Tracing, metrics co-relation, call-back tree,
thresholds and alerting are a few.

Are there are any OpenSource projects that instrument the JVM at byte-code
and provide detailed metrics more than what JMX offers?  Or am I missing
something with JavaMelody?

Thanks!

                                 -Shanti