> From: Thomas Edison [mailto:justdoit.thomas.edi...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Application won't start

> *Is there a way I can check the log to see what went wrong?*  I checked the
> log file in CATALINA_BASE, but it didn't tell much.

There should be several log files in Tomcat's logs directory; you'll need to
look at all of them.

> Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> startInternal
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> startInternal
> SEVERE: Context [/lipstick] startup failed due to previous errors

Are you sure there isn't something earlier in the logs?

The Grails doc mentions that by default it writes to the Tomcat directory it's
installed in (which is extremely bad behavior), so make sure the userid you're
running Tomcat with has permissions to write to that directory. (However, do
not ever, ever run Tomcat as root.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.