People,

I am using

        Apache Tomcat/7.0.22    1.6.0_20-b20    Sun Microsystems Inc.
        Linux   2.6.34.7-56.40.amzn1.i686       i386

on an AWS EC2 instance.

This is a staging server & for many months now it has been running 2
small, lightly-used apps.

Recently, I have been fooling with CAS and have started seeing a
number of oddities.  For example,

1) Tomcat seems to run out of permgen space.  Was never a problem
before, but I increased to 1G & it still happens sometimes.

2) Recently, I am seeing this:

    FAIL - Deploy Upload Failed, Exception: Error invoking method check

during the browser deploy.  There appears to be nothing in the log
files related to these uploads.

I just tried deploying the same WAR file to this setup:

      Apache Tomcat/7.0.22      1.6.0_22-b04    Sun Microsystems Inc.   Linux
        2.6.18-128.1.16.el5     i386

And it deployed just fine.

Where do I start looking to solve the problem?  On the setup that
worked, there are more apps (thought different ones) .  Also I see the
JVM version is different.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
Jonathan Rosenberg