Am 2013-08-02 21:24, schrieb mw...@loftware.com:
I expect that by putting the SQL Server JDBC4 driver jar
(sqljdbc4.jar) into ${CATALINA_HOME}/lib, that the driver would be
automatically available upon server start.  As expected, this works
in 6.0.33, but fails in 6.0.35.  It seems that the fix to Bug 51640
is the cause of this, and in fact, setting driverManagerProtection to
false in the JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener allows this to work in
6.0.35 as well.  I would not have expected that a change to the
MemoryLeak Listener would have changed the behavior of the JDBC
driver.

I don't know the internals of the SQL Server driver, so I don't know
exactly why this is happening.  The MySQL driver loads without any
issue.

Why should the driver being loaded into memory if no one uses it?
Actually, a driver is loaded into the container's classloader cache upon first access. This is what happens at least for me with the Oracle driver.

Everything else does not make sense to me.

Michael