On 06/08/2013 12:40 AM, "Jeffrey Janner" <jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com>
wrote:

> [...]
you actually lose data on shutdown, not termination.

Not true, the ephemeral data is only lost on instance termination.

> On my Linux boxes, I use the ephemeral storage for swap space because of
that issue, and really nothing else, though /tmp is a second possibility.
 The big thing about using it, for anything, is you have to code a special
startup script to format it at every boot, as it comes back as raw disk.
 Figuring out how to do that for swap was fun, but it's great now (I've got
loads of swap space that I'll probably never ever use.)