2013/9/9 Greg Amerson <gregory.amer...@liferay.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to use the tomcat7-maven-plugin, specifically running the *mvn
> tomcat7:run* command.
>
> However, in my case I have two requirements that are different than the
> documentation provides for and I'm wondering if it is possible with the
> current tomcat7-maven-plugin.
>
> 1. need to deploy several jars to the global tomcat classpath (i.e. same as
> copying them into <tomcat.home>/lib/ext/ folder in a standalone install).
> 2. need to deploy a war to the ROOT context but instead of packaging the
> current project from source, I just need to point to an existing WAR as a
> dependency.
>
> So in my project there will be no webapp source.  I simply want to run a
> tomcat with some extra jars in /lib/ext/ directory and also deploy a war
> that is obtained via a <dependency> with war type instead of packaged from
> source.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

I don't know if it could answer your question but I think I do
something similar for integration testing.

First to add jar to embedded tomcat used by by the plugin, Ideclare
those Jar as dependencies for the plugin.

Then to add a different war I use the dependency plugin to unzip the
war in the current project build directory and then use the tomcat
plugin to launch it :
            <plugin>
                <version>2.4</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>unzip-webapp</id>
                        <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>unpack</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <artifactItems>
                                <artifactItem>
                                    <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>

<artifactId>${artifact-to-import}</artifactId>
                                    <version>${project.version}</version>
                                    <type>war</type>
                                </artifactItem>
                            </artifactItems>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/webapp</outputDirectory>
                            <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
<plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>tomcat-run</id>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run-war-only</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <path>/</path>
                            <port>8080</port>
                            <uriEncoding>UTF-8</uriEncoding>

<warDirectory>${project.build.directory}/webapp/</warDirectory>
                            <fork>true</fork>
                            <ignorePackaging>true</ignorePackaging>

<contextFile>${project.build.directory}/webapp/META-INF/context.xml</contextFile>

                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                    <execution>
                        <id>tomcat-shutdown</id>