Maybe it'd helpful not using the java key store (JKS).
Personally on Linux Tomcat installations without native APR I use the .p12 files with this config

<Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile=${catalina.home}/ssl/serverkey.p12"
                keystorePass="**PASS**" keystoreType="pkcs12" />
Jan

Good Day!

Everything was followed perfectly from this URL:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html. I've done this
setup a lot of times already and mostly I have been successful.

Until our security team noticed that the installed root CA is incorrect.

Instead of just importing the correct root CA, I deleted all the imported
certificates (originally 2 certificates)  using the "keytool -delete -alias
<certificate nicknames> -keystore .keystore". Afterwards, I imported the 2
certificates again.

Now when I access https://mydomain:8443, it gives me a webpage not found
with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error in Chrome and ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap
in Firefox.

Could anyone please let me know what I must have did wrong?

Thank you in advance.