 From: Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 20 September 2013 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: setenv.sh issue

Vicky,

On 20.9.2013 11:32, vicky wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   When i am declaring variables in my $CATALINA_BASE/bin/setenv.sh file ,
>they are not getting exported :-
>
> eg:- export NAME=e1
>       export ID=22
>
> But when i am declaring the same variables in $CATALINA_BASE/bin/startup.sh
> in following manner these are getting exported properly:-
> eg:-
> export CATALINA_OPTS="-DNAME=e1 -DID=22"
>
> Kindly suggest what is the issue in this

When you say "varibles", do you mean "Java system properties" or "OS
environment variables"?

If you need to set Java system properties, use:

   export CATALINA_OPTS="-DNAME=e1 -DID=22"

If you want to export OS environment variables use:

   export NAME=e1
   export ID=22

In either way, refrain from modifying startup.sh, but use setenv.sh.

Regards,
Ognjen