Hello all,

I'm in the middle of a hardware upgrade.  The application expert has on
our project work list "copy /opt/tomcat/*  from old machine to new
machine.

The old machine is a Sun V240, running Solaris 9.

The New machine is an Oracle (Sun) T4 server running Solaris 10.

Tomcat version is Tomcat 6.

Can we do this?  will it run?    It seems to be a Java based product and
it stands to reason
that if the JDK is the same it would be fine.  I'm worried about any C
code compiled for Solaris 9.

Why should we NOT do this ?

thanks,
Eric Clifford
Sr. Systems Engineer, Unix/Linux
412-328-5477
412-288-5472 desk
thanks,
Eric Clifford
Sr. Systems Engineer, Unix/Linux
412-328-5477
412-288-5472 desk

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer."