> On Oct 30, 2013, at 8:36 AM, "kanishk.se...@accenture.com"
> <kanishk.se...@accenture.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> As per our security team we need to install the below patches on multiple
> servers to remove vulnerabilities.
>
> Below is the information we have received from our security team, Need your
> support to have a detailed impact analysis on the compatibility of the below
> patches.
>
> Apache Tomcat is a container for Java Servlet and Java Server Pages Web
> applications. Multiple vulnerabilities present in some versions of Apache
> Tomcat could lead to denial of service.
> Multiple flaws are present in Tomcat, which fails to handle invalid
> Transfer-Encoding header request that prevents buffer recycling. Successful
> exploitation could allow an attacker to gain sensitive information or cause a
> denial of service condition on the affected system.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=958911
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=958977
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=959428
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03298151
> http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?txtAlertNumber=PSN-2012-05-584&actionBtn=Search

Then I would recommend you test your apps with a version of Tomcat that
implements these "patches" and then upgrade your servers.

FWIW, Tomcat doesn't do patches.  They fix issues and vulnerabilities and then
release a new version.  Applying patches therefore means upgrading your version
of Tomcat.  You should be able to go to the latest release in the version you
use w/o any hassle (e.g. 7.0.21 -> 7.0.47).

Now ... if you are using one of the many third party re-package versions, they
do "patches" and you'll have to push them for a package that addresses these
vulnerabilities.

-- David