On 11/21/2013 03:17 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
You appear to be complaining about specification mandated behaviour. The
scan is required as soon as there is an SCI that declares an interest in
a class.
As far as I know we do not use any such thing.
We do use two ServletContextListener and from the stack trace they
could be the problem. Both of them are in web.xml,

Is there some log I can turn on to figure out why this scan is happening?
One might equally ask if you have any plans to fix your poorly
configured application.
Well, perhaps the application is poorly configured, but there is still
a major change in startup time from one release to the next in the same
major version and I would consider that a regression.
Use <absolute-ordering /> since that will exclude every JAR from the
annotation scan for matches to the SCIs.
That seems to bring me down to less than one second again.
I will test that some more and see what breaks.

Thanks!
/robo