2013/12/28 Frank Lugalla <frank.luga...@amdocs.com>:
> Hi  Chuck,
>    Thank you  for having  a chance to  respond back....regarding the version
> ,I am using  Tomcat 7 integrated  with   Eclipse  Kepler  Release 1  with
> JVM=1.7_u45.All run on  window platform.What   I want  is to start my  Tomcat
>  server in server view(this is the mode in eclipse).Hope  this  explain
> somehow

1. Read the rules.
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> point "6."

2. Your original quote "Start the Tomcat server in the server view",
where did it come from?

"view" is a panel, an area in Eclipse IDE GUI.
The "Server" view is a panel that contains a list of servers (Tomcat
instances) that you have configured. Have you configured one?

You should click on the server instance (a row in the view) and press
that green arrow button in that little toolbar of the view (as opposed
to the main toolbar of the ide). Or you can use the context menu
(available if you right-click on the server instance).

Launch a web browser and enter "http://localhost:8080/"; into the address bar.