I want my log files to be written to a log file with the same name as my
webapp. Users can dynamically re-name my webapp when they run my installer, so
that they can have multiple instances running, so hard-coding the context name
is not a good approach. Is there some environment variable that I can use in
the log file?

> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = MirrorSync.
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.encoding = UTF-8

I'd like the word "MirrorSync" to be replaced with the name of the context
where this logging.properties file is loaded from (the logging.properties file
is in my classes/ directory). I tried using ${context} but it just put that
literal value for the log name.

My users are mostly running in Tomcat 6, with a few who have upgraded to 7.

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
http://www.360works.com
Product updates and news on http://facebook.com/360Works
(770) 234-9293