We're trying to determine if it's possible to build a WAR with an embedded
META-INF/Context.xml that defines the webapp path to be different then the WAR
file name.   Let's say we have AppServer-<version>.war, but we want to access
it as: http://<host>/Server.   In addition, we want to support
uploading/installing the WAR both from the Manager app as well as using
ftp/command-line to copy the WAR and restart Tomcat.  This way, it's pretty
much automatic without editing/creating additional XML files.

If this works, then we can have identifiable WAR files, but with a
common/standard webapp path.

We have reviewed the docs and the only approach that has worked for us is
adding a separate Context element to the <Tomcat>/conf/Server.xml file.

Thanks,

ThingWorx, a PTC owned company

Bob DeRemer, Sr. Director Architecture/Development
bob.dere...@thingworx.com<mailto:bob.dere...@thingworx.com> |
www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/> | www.ptc.com<http://www.ptc.com/>
M: 717.881.3986 | O: 610.594.6200 x 812