From:   Miten Mehta <indiami...@gmail.com>
To:     users@tomcat.apache.org,
Date:   01/16/2014 11:09 AM
Subject:        Re: SSL certificates

Hi,

Adding more clarification for ease below.

1) create keystore.jks with self signed cert (alias tomcat).
2) generate old.csr and send for signing to CA
3) get back new.cer (signed certificate) and root.cer (root certificate)
4) delete existing cert from keystore.jks (alias tomcat)
5) import root cert (alias root)
6) import new cert (alias tomcat)

>From server.xml now in connector entry for ssl use alias tomcat to refer
it.  Earlier when there was only tomcat (no root) the alias might not have
been needed but now since there are two cert we need alias.

Regards,

Miten.