The code below works fine on my Win 7 PC

final Tomcat tomcat = new Tomcat();
tomcat.setPort(9191);
 //File baseDir = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"));
File baseDir = new File(".");
tomcat.addContext("", baseDir.getAbsolutePath());
tomcat.addWebapp("/WebApplication2",
"D:\\VnsTestApps\\Nb74Jetty\\WebApplication2\\dist\\WebApplication2.war");

tomcat.start();
tomcat.getServer().await();