A lot of thanks, Neven! This is perfect explanation - considering my
English :-)

About point 4 - this is main goal: as we have few Java-applications running
in this very system - they must use "global" memory options, thats why I
suggested set System variable JAVA_OPTS. But namely Tomcat - must use
another memory perametrs.

So, if I correctly understood - for me better solution will be:

1) set CATALINA_OPTS with Xmx4G etc - in /bin/setenv.bat;
2) set JAVA_OPTS with Xmx1G etc - as system variable.

Yep?