Is there a way to ensure an applications context.xml isn't deleted across
reloads of the war file?    We have server-specific settings in each
context.xml and are looking for a way to deploy the same WAR file across each
Tomcat instance.

My first attempt at this was to put the context.xml into ~ catalina
/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml.   However, Tomcat deletes the file when the
app is unloaded.

Is there a setting to tell Tomcat *not* to delete the context.xml in
~catalina/conf/Catalina/[host]/[app]?   If not, what is the 'best practice' for
providing configuration settings to each Tomcat while also enabling a simple
continuous integration and deployment of WAR files for an application across
multiple Tc instances.      Creating custom war files (one for each server)
seems brittle and risky if the wrong war is accidentally deployed on the wrong
server.

Specifically, context.xml contains custom settings for
memcached-session-manager which specifies the primary and fallback memcache
host.  These would be different for each server when using sticky sessions.

Thanks,
Steve