Daniel Mikusa wrote:
On Feb 13, 2014, at 8:25 AM, Campbell, Lance <la...@illinois.edu> wrote:

Java 7 & Tomcat 7

For future reference, please specify the full version numbers in use.

In a servlet when doing I a RequestDispatcher.forward to another servlet does
this create a new Tomcat AJP connection or does it reuse the same connection ?

"Forwards a request from a servlet to another resource (servlet, JSP file, or HTML
file) on the server."

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/RequestDispatcher.html#forward(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,
 javax.servlet.ServletResponse)

I think that this does not really answer the OP's question, or maybe not
clearly.

It is a bit difficult to answer, because in fact it doesn't have anything to do with the connection, and yet..

Let's try this :

- It certainly does not create a new connection, be it AJP or otherwise.
- It doesn't "re-use" the existing connection. Its is just that the same connection continues to exist while this is taking place, and it just continues to use it to read request data from, and output response data to. - It doesn't have anything to do with the Connector through which the connection was established. - It is purely internal to the server, say like "ok, I'll use that servlet code to respond to the client, instead of this one."