Hi,

I am using Apache Tomcat realm to perform the user authentication and have
added the following to the server.xml

<Realm appContextLocation="conf/spring-security.xml"
className="org.springframework.security.adapters.catalina.CatalinaSpringSecurityUserRealm"
 key="my_password" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

However, since upgrading to Tomcat 7.0.50 from 6.0.39, when starting Tomcat
service (through Eclipse), I get the error below. From trawling through the net
I could not find the exact error but I get the feeling that I will need to
replace this class with something else. Or is there anything I can do/download
to fix it?

SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.VerifyError: class
org.springframework.security.adapters.catalina.CatalinaSpringSecurityUserRealm
overrides final method start.()V
                at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
                at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:144)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1288)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
 Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
 Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
 Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown
 Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
 Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
                at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
 Source)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1561)
                at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:616)
                at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:664)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:281)
                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:455)

Thanks in advance

Suf

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information
with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere

  • Tomcat 7.0.50 - S... Patel Sufyan (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE)