Doug,

On 3/4/14, 11:51 AM, Doug Strick wrote:
> I went over the documentation multiple times and the light bulb
> finally went on after everyone's input.  Most of the mod_jk configs
> were built by the Coldfusion web server config tool so that's why
> it's so cluttered.  I made the configuration work by putting the
> below in httpd.conf:
>
> <IfModule mod_jk.c> JkWorkersFile
> /apps/httpd/conf.d/modjk/workers.properties JkShmFile
> /weblogs/mod_jk.jk_shm </IfModule>
>
> Then I stripped out everything from the virtual host config besides
> the docroot and log configs like below which managed to start
> getting me responses.

Good.

> I also found there were major environment issues compounding my
> experience because the F5 wasn't always sending traffic to this
> apache host which is why I was banging my head most of the time
> trying to figure out why I wasn't seeing anything in my logs.

Sounds fun. Anything that might be useful to folks searching the list
archives for help?

> Now that my apache config is good I need to figure out why
> coldfusion is returning a 302 for GET /.

GET / probably returns a 302 for /index.cfm, since you set the
DirectoryIndex to be index.cfm. What does the whole response look like?

> <IfModule mod_jk.c> JkMountFile
> /apps/httpd/conf.d/modjk/app1.uriworkermap.properties

The contents of this file might be useful, too.

> # Where to put jk logs JkLogFile /weblogs/mod_jk.app1.dev5.log #
> custom environment variables JkEnvVar REDIRECT_URL JkEnvVar
> REDIRECT_REMOTE_HOST JkEnvVar REDIRECT_PATH JkEnvVar
> REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING JkEnvVar REDIRECT_HTTP_ACCEPT JkEnvVar
> REDIRECT_HTTP_USER_AGENT JkEnvVar REDIRECT_REMOTE_ADDR JkEnvVar
> REDIRECT_SERVER_NAME JkEnvVar REDIRECT_SERVER_PORT JkEnvVar
> REDIRECT_SERVER_SOFTWARE

I'm not entirely sure you need all these JkEnvVar directives, but I
wouldn't remove them unless you are sure they are useless.

> # Where to put jk shared memory #JkShmFile
> /weblogs/app1.dev5.jk_shm # Set the jk log level
> [debug/error/info] JkLogLevel debug # Select the timestamp log
> format JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] " JkOptions
> +ForwardDirectories

Are you sure you want to do that?

> AddHandler jakarta-servlet .cfm .cfml .cfc .cfr .cfswf

It's still odd to me that you are using an explicit map but then also
doing the AddHandler.