-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmik...@gopivotal.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 6 refuses mod_jk connections after server runs for a couple
of days

On Mar 4, 2014, at 1:55 PM, Isaac Gonzalez <igonza...@autoreturn.com> wrote:

> Dan,

It depends on your apps, so you'll need to test and see.  If you go too low,
you'll get StackOverflow exceptions.  If you see those, just gradually increase
until they go away.

Dan

> -Isaac
>

> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/hotspotfaq-138619.html#threads_
> oom
>
> Might buy you some room for a few additional threads.
>
> Dan
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Rainer

Ok so the problem just happened again just now. Dan, Can you elaborate on how
to configure limiting the connector thread pool size. I am also going to lower
the thread stack size as you recommended. It seems like this problem creeps up
when we have a hiccup in connectivity at our data center. Perhaps I also need
to lower the idle timeout some more between tomcat and mod_jk. They are also
between a firewall by the way, so I can configure a timeout between the two
there as well. We aren't experiencing too many idle disconnects there.

-Isaac