Randeep,

On 3/18/14, 9:46 AM, Randeep wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Christopher Schultz <
> ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> John,

> It's also a big "safer" in that obscure problems rarely bring-down
> the JVM, whereas a bug in tcnative/apr/openssl can kill the entire
> JVM without warning.
>
> Using APR really only makes sense if you are using Tomcat directly
> as a web server that uses SSL, since there is a measurable
> difference between OpenSSL's performance and JSSE's performance.
>
> -chris
>

>> Thank you Chris, In that case, I'm not going to use it. I was
>> using httpd as front end  to server ssl certificates. Now load
>> balancer is handling it.

Stick with the NIO connector. If you are using AJP to connect httpd to
Tomcat, you will probably be better off with the BIO connector,
actually. It's simpler and basically bug-free given its maturity.
Since there is a 1:1 map between Tomcat and httpd connections, there's
no really good reason to switch to another connector IMO.