On 04/20/2014 08:29 PM, Everton H. P. Custódio wrote:
Hi,

About two weeks into learning linux on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Issuing that command, where does that Tomcat7 come from?

It comes from Ubuntu's repository. You can check the repositories in
'Software and Updates' options in Ubuntu.

I'm not sure I see the same thing you are describing.

Under Ubuntu Software Center, and then from the Edit/Software Sources menu there is a dialog showing "Download from" on the Ubuntu Software tab which just says "Server for United States". I have an option to pick from several US mirrors. Tomcat7 could be coming from any one of those mirror sites?

I think I will just stick with using the tar.gz file from the tomcat.apache.org site for now until I can get a better feel for this OS.

Thanks,
Leo