Christopher Schultz wrote:

Just to "keep the church in the middle of the village", as they say
in my part of the world :

[OT] I'm not sure I can interpret the meaning of that. What does it mean?

It is a Belgian/French expression, meaning roughly "to keep things in perspective" or "not to go to extremes, one way or the other" or even, "in front of conflicting interests, choose a middle way", that kind of thing. Like many such "cultural" things, it has a number of interpretations depending on the circumstances. But you get the gist now, I guess. Despite its seemingly religious connotations, it means the exact opposite of religious fanaticism.