>The rules:
>http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
>6. Do not top-post
>7. Do not use HTML e-mails
>
>As you can see from the above, from HTML point of view there is no difference.
>

> onclick=
>ndering why the single quotes are now being escaped in html output.=0A=0ATh=
>

>The change was intentional and is mentioned in changelog.
>

> 2) See 'Jasper' section of the changelog, starting with 7.0.43
> http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html#Changelog

I am sorry about top posting, and using HTML.
I did read the changelog and this change is mentioned, but there was no
explanation regarding why this change was required.
Currently we have Jmeter scripts that go through raw HTTP responses and check
for the presence of certain strings. These scripts started to fail after we
upgraded our tomcat, we have now modified our scripts to look for &#039; as
well as single quotes. I just wanted to know if there was a purpose for this
change, I mean was anything broken because single quotes were not escaped?