Hi,

I have I server with Apache and Tomcat through jk_mod and the perfonrmance
is awful. This is mostly confined to images as far as I know, but it is
hard to tell.

The images are served from Apache with the help of the following lines:
# Serve static content from /resources and /data using Apache instead of
Tomcat worker
Alias /resources /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/customer/resources
JkUnMount /resources/* customer
Alias /data /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/customer/data
JkUnMount /data/* customer

It seems that whenever Tomcat is running, Apache grinds to almost
standstill, but whenever I tun off apache images seems to spring to life
again.

I could really use some input. I feel like I have tries all the settings I
can find, but any changes seems to make the situation worse and it doesn't
get better when I turn the settings back.

All the guides I can find focus on servers from 64Mb - 512Mb, but I can get
up to 64Gb and some serious processing power. I don't mind using a less
than perfect configuration as long as it works.

This is the output from version.sh:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat7
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat7
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat7/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle
Using CLASSPATH:
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.26
Server built:   Apr 1 2013 08:32:04
Server number:  7.0.26.0
OS Name:        Linux