Blachon, Philippe wrote:
Good morning,

We have 4 identical servers with a scheduled task running every night on each of
them. This task Stop Tomcat -> Update some data -> Start Tomcat.
This worked fine for months.
We have installed a new antivirus McAfee 3 weeks ago. Now the Tomcat7 service
starts randomly. At least 1 of the 4 server needs a manual start of the Tomcat7
service every morning.

Do you know if there is specifics problems between Tomcat and Mc Afee ?
We have already tried to exclude Tomcat.exe from McAfee scanning. Is there
other thing we could exclude without compromising the security ?

Configuration:
Windows server 2008 R2 Standard - SP1
Apache Tomcat 7.0.29 Server
McAffee Agent 4.8.0.1500
Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.04001

Thanks, have a nice day,
Philippe Blachon.

Not a direct answer to your question, but maybe a bit of lateral and logical
thinking here :

Why would one run a virus scanner permanently on a Tomcat server ?
And why run it on most of the disk space, as opposed to just the few directories where some client /might/ upload external files ?
Do the applications even allow clients to put files on that server ?