Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
Hello,

summary of my Problem:

When a client POSTs Tranfer-Encoding data   using browser ,
my server is not processing the request character encoding properly .

I send the following request:
Content-Type text/html;charset=UTF-8
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2014 05:10:09 GMT
Server Apache-Coyote/1.1
Transfer-Encoding chunked
*disclaimerTextZażółć gęślą jaźń! ta funkcjonalność nie jest wspierana*

  Full details:

My application running on  apache-tomcat-7.0.40
 and Java
1.6.x)  in linux box.

Below response is changed once it's reach to my controller
*ZażóÅÄ gÄÅlÄ jaźÅ! ta funkcjonalnoÅÄ nie jest wspierana*

I have below configuration  in server.xml

 <Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000"
maxPostSize="5242880" maxParameterCount="25000"/>
    <Connector
            port="443"
            protocol="HTTP/1.1"
            scheme="https"
            noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"

compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/javascript,text/css,application/javascript,application/json"
            URIEncoding="UTF-8"
    />
and in my catalina.sh
set JAVA_OPTS=-Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
(...)

As a sanity check:
1) That "I send the following request" listing looks more like a
response, not a request. (E.g. the "Server Apache-Coyote/1.1" header
makes no sense in a request).

So you are lying somewhere.

There is no point for me to try guessing what you are doing. You may
have confused "reading" with "writing" somewhere, and without source
code one cannot verify your words.

You have to provide a step-by-step instruction and enough source code
so that a person who is not familiar with your system were able to
reproduce your problem.

2) Content-Type says "text/html", but that line of text is not a valid
HTML document.

+1
Character encoding/decoding issues are hell to debug as it is, because they are like quantum physics : even looking at them can change them.(*) So you need to provide *accurate* and "raw" information, otherwise it is just a loss of time for everyone.

Use a browser plugin like HttpFox, LiveHttpHeaders, HttpFox or similar to monitor the requests being sent and responses being received, at the browser level. All these plugins allow you to selectively dump requests/responses to a file. Do that. Also, check in your browser that when you receive a response page back from the server, your browser is really seeing this response in the proper character set (use "View.. Character encoding..").

"Transfer Encoding" has nothing to do with the *character encoding* of either the request or the response. The little imprecise data that the OP provided above /suggests/ that there is some double encoding taking place /somewhere/, but so far it could as well be in the email client that he used to post to the list, as anywhere else.

(*) with the wrong editor, or the wrong locale e.g.