kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a defined way to configuring tomcat to act as a
kerberos client? I have a web application running within tomcat that would
be accessing a kerberos secured service. My initial thought was that
similar to other java based services, running a simple "kinit" to get the
ticket and then running the webapp should do the trick, but that did not
work as expected.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi.
You are giving few details about what you are really trying to do or what exactly isn't working as expected, but I believe that the issue here may be a question of perspective. Your Tomcat potentially runs many instances of many webapps, on behalf of many clients (users). It would be each such instance of a running webapp that would be the "Kerberos client", and would need its own ticket. (Or, if your webapp runs in a "client session" context, each such session might be a Kerberos client and need its own ticket). Does it make sense in your context to have a "global ticket" at the Tomcat level, being used by any client that runs any webapp within Tomcat ?
Or am I misunderstanding your question above ?