On 7/16/2014 8:00 AM, Brandon M. Wagner wrote:
I'm having an issue with Tomcat 7.0.54 on a Windows Server 2008 machine
(8GB of RAM, Dual AMD Opteron 8 core CPUs 2.0Ghz) where the .WAR file is
taking 45 minutes to an hour to unpack and deploy. I can unpack the same
.WAR file on my development machine (Windows 7, 16GB of RAM, Intel i7
870 2.93Ghz) in less than 2 minutes.

Something troubling I'm noticing on the production machine is that the
CPU usage will hover at around 13%. I've tried setting affinity and
priority, but still Tomcat is only using the 13% of the CPU.

Some more information about the production machine:
     -It is disconnected from internet (only intranet access)
     -It has been rebuilt because of the slow deployment issue (was on
physical box with server 2003 same specs, now on VMWare instance with 2008)

Your production server being Virtual definitely won't help its speed either.

Information about the .WAR file:
     - .WAR is about 28MB
     - expands to 260MB